Debbie Vazquez is the director of audience development for Worldwide Business Research (WBR) Connect, an organization that puts on more than 100 industry leading events per year. Few B2B markets have been disrupted like the events and conference business, so I thought it’d be great to hear how WBR Connect, as well as so many executives from such a wide variety of industries have changed since early 2020.
The state of events
For context, WBR Connect is an invite-only approach to the events business. So the intimate, best-in-class events are truly focused on thought leaders learning from thought leaders as opposed to the more traditional classes for everyone headlined by industry names. I continue to be fascinated by the evolution of virtual connection, education and business pivots, and Debbie kindly stepped up to the mic to share how this world has changed and her role in using content to mine, cultivate and educate the various groups.
Here are a few of the highlight topics Debbie and I discussed:
- Explanation of WBR Connect’s business model
- Debbie’s role as Audience Development Director and the importance of content marketing in her gig
- Changing trends in virtual events – where it’s coming from and where it’s going
- Lessons learned on adaptation in a business that a year ago was based almost solely on in-person attendance
- The “invite economy” and its benefits for attracting best-in-class industry thought leaders
- WBR Connect’s content function – what it is and how it works. How do you measure success of your content marketing? What’s changed in the last year?
- Debbie’s significant historical role in multicultural and its impact on these topics
- The multicultural and, specifically, Latino perspective on industry business
- The value of audience targeting
We want to hear from you. Share this podcast, give us your feedback and hit me up with topic suggestions and guest ideas. Brand Story, Inc. is for you, so let’s make it great together. You can ping me on LinkedIn or follow me on Twitter @_JaySharman. Thanks for listening. Enjoy!